WE ARE HIRING COACHES WITH A SALES BACKGROUND
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR POTENTIAL COACHES WHO HAVE A BACKGROUND IN SALES
Own The Room trains executives and leaders at top companies to become more powerful communicators, managers, leaders, and Salespeople.
We are looking for outstanding professionals with a Sales background who have a gift for teaching and a passion for helping people learn.
Sound like you? If so, consider applying to become a Sales Coach with Own The Room.
Why become a sales coach with Own The Room?
- Work with some of the world’s best-known companies and organizations. Facebook, L’Oreal, and MIT are just a few of our many clients.
- Help countless professionals improve their careers and lives by giving them tools they can apply immediately. See our testimonials page to learn more about the impact we’ve made.
- Work with a diverse group of amazingly talented Coaches. Our team includes some of the top Coaches in the field: an Emmy-nominated writer, a former fitness champion, and many other fun, talented people from a range of fields and backgrounds. See our list of Coaches!
- Receive training in Own The Room’s proprietary trademarked methodology that builds skills in a supportive, creative, and fun environment.
- Different from other coaching and training companies, Own The Room provides the clients and organizes the workshops, so the only thing our Coaches have to do is what they do best: help people grow.
- Have the flexibility to shape your schedule and your life. As a contractor Coach, you’ll have time to build your own business, explore your passion, or strategically plan your transition into a full-time Coaching career. Many of our Sales Coaches spent years in Sales, but always knew that teaching and Coaching were their passions.
- Receive ongoing training in Own The Room’s methodology. All new Coaches will join our Coach Academy training program, which includes 6-weeks of virtual training and feedback and four days of in-person training and observations. During this training program, new Coaches will have multiple opportunities to practice teaching full classes under the guidance of experienced Coaches. We believe that the best way to learn is by doing.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You love Sales, and have a passion for helping people.
- You have had real-life experience in Sales. You can draw on real examples and stories, to be seen by our clients not just as a Coach, but as a peer. We work with very senior people, and the fact that all our coaches have had real-life success gives us credibility.
- You are at a point in your career where you are interested in transitioning out of Sales in order to give back, learn new skills, and move into a new industry
- You are an effective speaker, trainer, mentor or coach (either formal or informal). Other people tell you that you shine in these areas
- You have a terrific personality, are charismatic, can remember names, and can connect with people from diverse backgrounds.
- You have a positive outlook, good follow-through, and no drama.
- You are a lifelong learner, and you embrace feedback as a gift that helps you grow.
- You have mastered the English language and can deliver complex training programs in English. Native proficiency in another language is a plus.
- You are excited to learn and deliver training according to the Own The Room methodology. At the same time, you can innovate, think on your feet and react to unexpected obstacles, all while maintaining a sense of humor.
- You are interested in learning and delivering other Own The Room training programs in addition to Sales training. You are versatile.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COACHES
- Most Own The Room Coaches work as independent contractors, with the amount of work each month varying depending on many different factors. There may be opportunities for full-time employment if you are interested in helping the company in other ways in addition to Coaching.
- All Own The Room coaches have to teach our methodology at least 80% the same so we can ensure brand consistency and quality, but it should never be more than 90% the same. We don’t want robots. Each Coach brings some of her/his own ideas, stories and techniques to the training to make it customized and as magical an experience as possible for the clients. In the past, we have worked with experienced Coaches who struggled to adjust to our unique methodology; we are looking for those who can easily shift from one methodology to another. (Or as one of our Coaches said, “It’s like wrestling. I can do Freestyle or Greco-Roman. I have my old methodology and I can learn the Own The Room method. They are distinct, and I can switch between the two.")
- Travel is a frequent reality in our business. Coaches must be excited to travel on a monthly or sometimes even weekly basis.
- Coaches who can also sell Own The Room are especially valued. It’s not a requirement of the job, but we do have a sales incentive program for our Coaches who bring in new clients.
HOW DO I APPLY TO BE AN OWN THE ROOM SALES COACH?
Our applicant pool is very competitive, and we only run a few new Coach training sessions per year. Depending on when you apply and our needs at that time, you can expect the application process to take anywhere from 2 – 12 months.
Candidates must complete the online application, including credentials, a short written statement explaining why you're interested in becoming a Sales Coach with Own The Room, and a 1-2 minute video telling us about one of your most memorable client interactions. We encourage you to have fun with this video - use it to show us a little of your personality, use props, get creative. Our Coaching department reviews every video submission, so kindly make sure what you send us showcases the talents you can bring as an Own The Room coach. Please allow 2-3 weeks for us to review your initial application materials and get back to you with next steps.
Qualified candidates will be invited for a 30-minute introductory interview to discuss your motivations, background, and answer any questions you have.
Final steps include a video of you delivering a sample lesson, and a longer interview with multiple members of the team. There may be additional steps required depending on our needs.